Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Changes

These last few months have been filled with so many changes! It is hard to believe that so much time has flown by since January. Since then, we have been getting ready for Andrew, but most of all Steve and I have been working on our relationship. You really don't get to know someone till you marry him/her. I thought Steve was this wonderful guy and never did any wrong. Boy, was i ever shocked! I'm sure he was, too!

In early March, my doctor was able to put me back on an anti-depressant which has helped with all of my emotions and some of the feelings i dealt with back in high school and a little bit my first year in college. Even though it is nice having something that helps even me out, I know that God has been working in me to help me trust Him more and more every day. Mom has encouraged me for a very long time to do my devotions on a regular basis, but of course Satan didn't want any of it. Recently, I have been enjoying reading in "Jesus Calling: by Sarah Young each morning. Everyday when I read, I find that it directly applies to my life and what I'm struggling with that particular day. For example: one day it was talking about trusting in God and saying "Jesus, I trust you!" That has been my constant reminder that God will get Steve, Andrew and I through whatever trials we are in.

Steve and I have had some amazing talks in the past few months. It is so nice to be married to by my best friend. Last night at dinner my dad asked who our hero was and why and with out even having to think about it, I was able to say it was Steve. He has been my rock over these past few months. He also has been dealing with a lot of pressure from work. I am so proud to have a husband who can be under a lot of stress, but comes home every night with a cheerful attitude and asks if there is anything for him to do around the house. Since early August, he has been struggling with back pain. He never complains about it, but is honest when it really hurts. I admire how no matter what the situation is he never lets it show how much it is bothering him, or how scared he might be. I love when he talks to Andrew and reads to him every night! He gets such a huge smile on his face. He reminds me of a little boy at Christmas and can't wait to see what the package is.

My church Rocky put on a baby shower for Andrew and I. I felt so blessed with how many people showed up and with all of the presents we received. We got all of our big items like our jogging stroller and our highchair. We have tons of baby clothes ranging from 0 to 18 months. Steve and I are getting so excited to meet our Monkey! We are having him induced on the 14th which is so nice! We are so glad that Grandpa Sande will be able to meet his first grandchild. Grandma and Grandpa Jones are so excited that their baby son  will be having a son, too. I love how our parents are so excited to meet him. What I love the most is when my mom talks to Andrew and tells him all sort of things. I can't wait to play with my little man all the time and teach him about God's world. Steve and I are so excited that this will be our last weekend with just us and next weekend we will have our son! Wow! I'm still in shock that the time is almost here.

We are so blessed with what God is doing in our lives and can't wait to see what the future has for us! Keep us in your prayers as we enter this new journey together. I am so glad that I married Steve and that we have been growing together in these last few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home